ADSM-L

previous append from Mitch

1994-05-13 06:50:54
Subject: previous append from Mitch
From: Del Hoobler <HOOBLER AT GDLVM7.VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 06:50:54 EDT
|| If I restore by subdirectory path which includes a file called foo while:
|| viewing active AND inactive
|| retrieve to any location (I don't think it matters)
|| REPLACE THE EXISTING FILE
|| What happens?
|| Specifically, does it restore the latest version?
|| Does it restore all versions and keep overwriting or is it smart enough
|| to only restore one time?

Mitch.  ADSM will detect this situation and only restore the LATEST
version of the file whether it be active or inactive.  Inactive in
the case where there is no active version.

ADSM will only try restoring ONE file, not one over-top another.
The code sorts the files on name and date, then eliminates duplicates
from the list of files to restore.

Del