ADSM-L

Re: WDSF problems with just 1 OS/2 client.

1994-05-02 13:02:57
Subject: Re: WDSF problems with just 1 OS/2 client.
From: Mitch Sako <mitch AT LSIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 May 1994 10:02:57 PDT
> Hi,
>    I know this is an ADSM list, but this is the only place where I
> can find so many 'experts' in one place.

As you probably know, WDSF support went away in March.  But, don't feel
like you have no recourse.  You do.  I have been through the abend you
mention more times than I care to admit (more than 10 times).  Consider
yourself VERY fortunate that you have a small server.

First, did you try an audit?

Try:  DSSERV DBAUDIT FIX VERBOSE

> I have a small WDSF server with a dozen or so OS/2 clients and 5 AIX
> clients - like I said, small!  All works fine except for one of the
> OS/2 clients.  Here is a section of the console log:
>
>  Server startup and a few sessions deletedY
>
> 04/28/1994 15:05:39 ANS0100I Session 5 started for node CMIP-DC (OS/2).
> 04/28/1994 15:06:31 ANS0120W Protocol error on session 5 - invalid verb
>  header received.
> 04/28/1994 15:06:32 ANS0117W Session 5 terminated - protocol violation
>  detected.
>
>  A few more normal sessions deletedY
>
> 04/28/1994 23:26:01 ANS0100I Session 14 started for node CMIP-DC (OS/2).
>

> ANS0001S Server ABORTING - internal error SMU009 detected.
F0

Ahhhh, brings cold sweats to my body............

If it still abends, you will need to dump and restore your database.
The following procedure works quite well and should not fail.  Please
let me know if you have any problems.  I consider myself an expert in
this function (kinda like being an expert in having teeth pulled :-))

Best of luck....