ADSM-L

OS/2 server and IPX/SPX

1994-04-25 20:26:59
Subject: OS/2 server and IPX/SPX
From: Brent Stilley <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 18:26:59 CST
Several days ago I described here the problems I was having doing backups to
the new OS/2 ADSM server. If I tried to backup several workstations
simultaneously, the Netware v2.01 requester would collapse after 10-20 minutes.

This past weekend Novell released a new level of the OS/2 requester, v2.1.
After upgrading the ADSM machine I ran a couple of multi-station backups, but
the problem remained. I then tried to fiddle with the 3Com NIC's IRQ and
interrupt latency to no avail.

I called 3Com's BBS and found a newer version of the OS/2 ODI MLID (driver).
I was running 3C509.SYS v1.0. The new MLID is 3C5X9.SYS v1.11. This fixed the
problem. I've been running 2-5 backups constantly all afternoon without a
server failure (I have had several client failures, though).

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078