ADSM-L

Re: Performance of Mac Clients

1994-04-19 16:20:45
Subject: Re: Performance of Mac Clients
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 16:20:45 EDT
Thanks for the responses.  We have tried all three possible settings
of "slowincremental" (yes, no, and default) and can see no difference.

We believe that one of the test machines is absolutely current:

Mac Centris 650 w/Apple's built-in Ethernet, 16M physical RAM
System 7 Pro (a.k.a. System Software 7.1.1)
System Update 2.0.1
Network Software Installer 1.4.4 (i.e. AppleTalk 58.1.3, EtherTalk 2.5.6,
          Ethernet driver 1.1.1 for Centris 650 built-in)
MacTCP 2.0.4, using 'Ethernet' link
VM off, 32-bit on

We have already moved ADSM to use a different (more lightly-loaded)
TCPIP virtual machine and BTI box.  This seemed to make no difference
either.