ADSM-L

Re: Tape twinning (Multiple Bitfile) Support in ADSM

1994-04-05 17:42:43
Subject: Re: Tape twinning (Multiple Bitfile) Support in ADSM
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio" <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 1994 14:42:43 PDT
Paul:
       I don't want to describe the solution either.

I see a need for two things that are somewhat mutually exclusive:

    1) I need duplication of tapes for operational mistakes:
       lost (misplaced) tape, dropped tape, overwritten tape, etc.
       These twins will be stored near each other and be kept identical
       by simultaneous writing on an as needed realtime basis.
       Mounted at the same time there is no chance for mixing them up.
       *The image of this scenario makes me lose sleep*

    2) I need offsite snapshots for 'real' disaster recovery ...
       that is easier and faster than Export.

I'm busy right now so I think there may be more but those are the top two
in my currently top two list!!  And depending on how good/bad import/export
proves to be for me 2 may not be an issue.  (I've not tested export yet)

                              thanks .. joe.f.