ADSM-L

OS/2 client install

1994-04-04 16:42:33
Subject: OS/2 client install
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 1994 20:42:33 GMT
    The ADSM OS/2 client uses some kind of general purpose install
tool.  I have run into trouble with it before because I moved the
client after installing a QIP version.  When I Installed the GA
version, the tool complained that it couldn't find the original
folder -- it remembered what it had done previously, probably in some
ini file.  From the messages I was able to determine a SET variable
which redirected the tool to where I have the client now.

    I have just pulled down the V1R2 OS/2 client from
INDEX.STORSYS.IBM.COM (Thanks IBM!) and I want to install it in a new
folder and not overlay my current client.  Could someone from IBM
please tell me how to control the install tool to do this?

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com
Voice: 617-258-1550