ADSM-L

Re: Clarkson Tcp Communications Package?

1994-03-22 13:53:40
Subject: Re: Clarkson Tcp Communications Package?
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 18:53:40 GMT
In <1994Mar22.181438.2533 AT draper DOT com>,
 JLAUTR01%ULKYVX.bitnet AT yalevm.ycc.yale DOT edu (Joey Autry) writes:
>         I am a VMS Systems Programmer attempting to broaden my
>         horizons by doing some VM work.  I have installed ADSM on
>         the VM system (VM/ESA Release 2, CMS Level 9, and VM TCP) and
>         on a DOS client, which is using the Clarkson University Tcp
>         Communications Package.  When I invoke "DSMIBM" on the DOS
>         client I am receiving the following error message:
>
>         ANS1850E Unable to connect to Server
>         TCP/IP communications failure.
>
>         Before bothering IBM I thought I would check to see if any
>         one else was using the Clarkson Package and ADSM.
>
>         Thanks
>
>         Joseph L. Autry Jr.
>         VMS Systems Programmer
>         University Of Louisville

The DOS client works only with IBM's tcpip or FTP Software's PC/TCP.
If you order and install IBM's product, run DSMIBM.  If you order
and install PC/TCP run DSMFTP.  We are running with PC/TCP.  PC/TCP
supplies a WINSOCK.DLL which work with the ADSM Windows client.
There are more packages which work with Windows than with DOS because
code is not hard-linked in the windows client.

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com
Voice: 617-258-1550