ADSM-L

Expired verifier problem in Windows client

1994-03-17 13:30:10
Subject: Expired verifier problem in Windows client
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 1994 13:30:10 EST
Louis Pargas writes:

>> Hi Pete,
>>  Thanks for replying so quickly. More information? Let's see, they
>> are using the Windows client.  I think this is the order of events;

>>  1. user clicks on the ADSM icon
>>  2. ADSM replies with a pop-up window  stating verifier expired
>>  3. user closes windows
>>  4. ADSM replies with a message (if I remember correctly)
>>         ANS4993E Unable to login to server

This was a known problem that was fixed in an earlier PTF. Unfortunately
it was fixed incorrectly and was PE'ed (IBM jargon for a bad fix).

We expect it to be available in the next PTF.

For now the only way to get around the problem is to have an ADSM
Administrator update the node's password manually.

We apologize for the inconvenience ...

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development