ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-03-16 18:25:29
From: Peter Park <ppark AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 1994 15:25:29 PST
Hi Louis,
Could you give us little more information?

1. Are they UNIX ADSM clients?

2. which option are they using for Passwordaccess?(Generate or Prompt)

Peter Park.
ADSM development.
A few of our users reported problems with expired verifiers (I'm
assuming that is synonymous with password). The good news is that
the password does expire when it is suppose to, and it does keep
users with expired passwords from accessing ADSM services.  The
bad news is that it does not afford the user to change the password.
So they come to me and I have to update his/her password.

Right now it is not a big deal (except for the fact that now I know their
password) as there are only a dozen or so users registered.  But it
can be cumbersome in the future. Is there something I need to specify
to allow a user to change a password after it has expired?

Louis Pargas
Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas.