ADSM-L

ADSM/VM server with 3490

1994-03-09 13:25:41
Subject: ADSM/VM server with 3490
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <WTS AT CAPSLAN.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 1994 13:25:41 EST
ADSM uses our 3490 drives ... the ones with a small display for each
drive.  Unfortunately, ADSM gratuitously flashes "ADSM ... volser ...
ADSM ... volser ..." continuously (OK, sometimes it says
"LOCATING").  :-(

Can this be turned off?  Our operators are interested in tape mount
information, and want the display to be dark otherwise (or at most to
have a constant volser displayed).

Hoping for dark tape drive displays and warmer weather in Maine,

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE