ADSM-L

Re: LFS?

1994-02-11 11:57:14
Subject: Re: LFS?
From: Deba Patnaik <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 11:57:14 EST
On Thu, 10 Feb 1994 19:38:20 -0500 Carl Forde said:
>On Thu, 10 Feb 1994 14:58:56 -0600, David E Boyes <dboyes AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>,
>wrote:
>
>>> Does it have particular hardware
>>> requirements, such as its own ports on the 3172?
>>
>>For TCP and NFS service only, no, no special hardware. If you
>>want to do LAN Manger or Netware stuff, you end up dealing with a
>>channel-attacted PC.
>
>We have been using WLFS via a channel attached PC for several months.
>I expect to be replacing WLFS with LFS/ESA in the next week or two.
>Just to make things really interesting I plan on backing up the LFS
>disks with ADSM.  Currently the WLFS disks are just done via image
>backup.
>
>Anyone else used WLFS and migrated to LFS?  Any challenges/concerns
>along the way?

I installed WLFS 1.0  on a test mode and it did not use RACF for security,
so I had to exchange it for LFS/ESA. I see most of the filenease stsart with
LFS rather than WLFS. If you are doing backups to WDSF or ADSM - reference
to \ should be changed to /  "there are couple of pages of documentation in
the program directory. I am also going to use ADSM for backup. My question is
is anyone using LFS with EXTERNAL SECURITY (RACF) for NFS clients ?