ADSM-L

ADSM Service Philosophy

1994-02-10 12:25:44
Subject: ADSM Service Philosophy
From: Neal Pape <NPAPE AT VM1.TUCC.TRINITY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 11:25:44 CST
I also have a problem with the ADSM service philosophy.  We need a PTF
for APAR PN51821 (ADSM inventory expiration automatically executes each
hour causing high CPU usage).  Every hour, inventory expiration can take
up to 30% of our CPU, and users are complaining about slow response time
(and becoming disenchanted with the old, slow dinosaur mainframe, but
that discussion is for another group).  Now I have to wait for a fix
until IBM feels like getting a group of PTFs together to do something
about it?  How long are we going to have to wait for a level set?  Months?