ADSM-L

IBM Service - revisited

1994-02-10 11:55:31
Subject: IBM Service - revisited
From: Martha McConaghy <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 11:55:31 EST
OK, I admit it.  I'm confused.  I understand that the ADSM service comes
in level sets.  But, which PTF do I order?  Will the "real" ADSM service
level, please stand up!

I have checked out a number of the PTF's on IBMLINK.  Some say that they
are the equivalent of service level "0.3_1.3 of ADSM".  Others say that
they are "0.4_1.4 of ADSM".  A previous posting mentioned that 0.4_1.4
is the current level.  How am I supposed to know that and what the heck
does "0.4_1.4" mean anyway?

One person mentioned PN49454, but that doesn't look like a level set to
me.  Others mentioned UN53326, which looks more like it.  However, there is
a UN53460 which also says that its "0.4_1.4 level", but it looks like it
incorporates different PTF's than UN53326.  Which should I get?

Also, there are a couple of open APAR's in which I'm interested.  Does this
service philosophy mean that I'll have to wait until they are available
in a level set PTF before I get the problems fixed?

To the IBM developers: guys, I don't want to hurt your feelings.  Overall,
I like ADSM, eventhough its still in its growing stage.  However, your
service philosophy really sucks dishwater.  I hope in the future you will
move more in line with the standard IBM maintenance that we all know and
struggle with.  The fracturing of maintenance procedures among different
IBM products has just gotten too out of hand.  Anyone running TCP/IP on
VM knows what I mean.

Martha.....desperately seeking answers