ADSM-L

Re: (none)

1994-02-08 10:11:55
Subject: Re: (none)
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 15:11:55 GMT
In <1994Feb7.172747.28520 AT draper DOT com>, matthias AT rzri6f.gsi DOT de
(Matthias
 Feyerabend) writes:
>Subject:MVS Server Update Package UN53459/60, any experiences ??
>--------
>
>Hello,
>
>We just got update UN53459, UN53460 for ADSM MVS Server.
>Several PTFs are included, especially dastabase dump facilities.
>
>Is there somebody having experiences with the new code?
>I don't want to fall in the same pitfall somebody else has fallen.

I installed it at least a month ago and there were no problems.
During the SMP apply there are some link-edit warnings about duplicate
names but they can be ignored (I called this into the support center).

>I am also wondering for time guidelines using the database dump
>facilities. How long does it take to dump my
>340 MB (87 040 pages) database on MVS ?
>
>How long to audit the database ?

I wonder about this too!  If you run a test please post the results.
I have been in touch quit a bit with Level 2, and I asked for
estimates about dump, restore and audit but I got no answer.
(I am not going to do this test myself - my database is at 520,000
pages.)
>Any comments helpful,
>Matthias Feyerabend.

Bill Colwell