ADSM-L

[no subject]

1994-02-03 07:28:11
From: Matthias Feyerabend <matthias AT RZRI6F.GSI DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 13:28:11 +0100
Subject: ADSM accounting on MVS Server
--------
Concerning ADSM software:

I am using AIX and HP client with MVS Server
Version 1, Release 1, Level 0.2/1.2

After turning accounting on, I looked into the
figures in SMF record 42.

Comparing my documentation in ADSM Admin Guide First edition July 1993
with the figures I get, I am missing some and others are on the
wrong place.

1. In Bytes 86 - 99 there are Hex 0's where I expect 'Date and time of
   accounting' ??
2. During scheduled backup there is a lot of traffic to the server,
   but bytes 108 - 111 (Number of backup database objects inserted)
   is zero.
3. Same with bytes 116 - 119 (Amount of backed up files ...)
4. Instead there are figures in position 148 - 151
   (Number of archive database objects retrieved during session) and
   Bytes 156 - 159 (Amount of space, in KB) retrieved by archive obj.

In summary, I am missing accounting date and time and figures
for backup are on wrong place (archive retrieved).

Am I missing something or is it simply wrong ?

Thank you
Matthias Feyerabend
GSI Darmstadt
M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de