ADSM-L

Supported tape drives

1994-02-03 06:36:40
Subject: Supported tape drives
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 12:36:40 +0100
Paul Bradschaw wrote:
> Support is provided for 8mm tape drives and libraries, optical drives and
> libraries, plus the world class IBM 3490 drives and libraries on the
> 6000 server.  This is the first of many ADSM enhancements due out this year.

Do you plan to support METRUM (VHS) tape drives and libraries?

This is an important and urgent question for me. And: Do high capacity
tapes (up to 19 GB) make sense with ADSM, especially when using collocation?
Any comments on this are wellcome.

--
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet