ADSM-L

Re: "Point-in-time-restore"?

1994-02-01 11:02:16
Subject: Re: "Point-in-time-restore"?
From: "Smith, Dean" <DSMITH8 AT IS.ARCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 16:02:16 GMT
> IF my user has to send x hours reinstalling all his software because of a
> hard disk crash then that data is 'mission critical' because that user has
> better things to do!

Why can't BACKUP/RESTORE work in this case!  This is not a case for
point-in-time restore.  Your user would restore his disk from the last backup.
They wouldn't gain anything through point-in-time.  If your user walked in and
found his PC down because of a bad drive they are should only have 1 question
regarding the timing of backup and restore:  "Did it happen before or after last
night's scheduled backup".  If mission critical in this case is a red-herring.