ADSM-L

"Point-in-time-restore"?

1994-02-01 11:45:00
Subject: "Point-in-time-restore"?
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio {510} 642-7638 {w}" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 08:45:00 PST
I think its needed.

If one of my user's comes to me and says:

" I've just discovered my machine is badly infected by the xyz virus and I
need to wipe-out my hard disk, re-partition, re-format and restore it
as of the day before I tried that new wiz-bang ShareWare game my daughter
gave me."

I'm suppose to respond with:

Besides being impossible, its a real waste of database resource to be
telling people to do archives along side backups.

I think 1 new restore option and a simple subroutine to decide what version to
restore can surely be written into a future release, no?

(I know , I know that was a very low blow!  :-)  ! )  we only had source!)

.. joe.f.