ADSM-L

Archiving subdirectories, was: "Point-in-time-restore"

1994-02-01 04:31:56
Subject: Archiving subdirectories, was: "Point-in-time-restore"
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 10:31:56 +0100
Dean Smith writes:

> > Reinhard Mersch  writes,
>
> > ARCHIVE could be a solution, if it allowed archiving a total directory
> > tree (and if it correctly handled soft links).
>
> That must depend upon your client.  I've tried directory archive on both a MAC
> and a SUN and it seems to work there.

My SUN and AIX clients archive subdirectories only if I specify them, i.e.
select them in the X11 interface or name them in the command line interface.
Many of our users do not have a X11 server, so they have to rely on the
command line interface. In the Examples section of the DSMC ARCHIVE
command, the manual says: Note that the SUBDIR option has no effect on
archive processing. ...
Do ADSM clients without this deficiency exist?

--
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet