ADSM-L

system.ini changes for PC/TCP

1994-01-31 18:08:37
Subject: system.ini changes for PC/TCP
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 18:08:37 EST

> To update Pete Tanenhaus' list... this is what we have seen from the customer
> support side of things:
>
>    PC/TCP (FTP) -  works with a modification to the SYSTEM.INI file
>

>> Can someone tell me about the modification?

The value of the MinimumCopySpace option under the vpctcp stanza in
system.ini must be increased to at least 28 (35 is better). This
stanza contains configuration/initialization parameters for the PC/TCP
virtual device driver (vpctcp.386). This particular parameter tells
this device driver how much copy space (in kbytes) to request. There
is no specific mention of this in the PC/TCP documentation but from
what I've been able to "discover" values less than 28 cause problems
when some of the PC/TCP kernel DLLs are called from other DLLs, which of
course WINSOCK.DLL most certainly does. The default value is 12 I think.
Values smaller than 28 cause Windows to die or do strange things at
times. This behavior is especially apparent when doing large restore or
retrieve operations.

Hope this answers your question ....

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development