ADSM-L

Archiving directory trees

1994-01-27 10:32:32
Subject: Archiving directory trees
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 16:32:32 +0100
We are trying to release space on our Unix servers by offering the ARCHIVE
feature of ADSM to our users. Surprisingly, it is not possible to archive
a complete directory tree with just one command. I fear, this will prevent
our users from using it. Does anybody know, whether it is planned to
extend the SUBDIR option to archive processing? I regard this to be very
important.

Treatment of symbolic links is another problem of ARCHIVE. I would like to
have an option, specifying that a symbolic link is to be retrieved just
as a symbolic link.

I hope that this list is the right place to complain. Seems that ADSM
developers are watching it.

--
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet