ADSM-L

Mac Files

1994-01-21 20:55:19
Subject: Mac Files
From: "T.F. (Frank) Ramke 1-607-752-6404" <RAMKETF AT GDLVM7.VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 1994 20:55:19 EST
-> Yesterday, I attempted my first backup of a Novell server with ADSM.
-> Everything went fine with a few small exceptions. This server has a
-> Everything went fine with a few small exceptions. This server has a
-> substantial number of Macintoshes connected to it. ADSM barfed on
-> substantial number of Macintoshes connected to it. ADSM barfed on
-> a few files (one is too many). It kept saying the file had changed,
-> a few files (one is too many). It kept saying the file had changed,
-> did a retry or four, and then gave up. Being able to backup
-> did a retry or four, and then gave up. Being able to backup
-> MAC name spaces on a Novell server is a HUGE requirement.
-> MAC name spaces on a Novell server is a HUGE requirement.
-> Since I probably skipped the page that told me how to do this,
-> Since I probably skipped the page that told me how to do this,
-> could someone give me a little assistance???
-> could someone give me a little assistance???
Greg,
Greg,

You're not doing anything wrong. If it's the same problem, the GA
level code had a problem with mac files that had resource forks
over 32k and data fork of 0.
There is a fix. If you have a compuServe account, log on
and type GO ADSTAR. Go to the files area and download a file named
20100.zip. It is an updated Novell client diskette in pkzip format.

If you don't have access to compuserve, tell your SE, or call IBM
Service and have them send you the latest Novell NetWare client program.
By the way, this fix diskette also has a later version of the Novell
SMS modules. You should copy the files over manually.

Good luck!
Frank Ramke