ADSM-L

A WDSF Mac Question

1993-11-23 15:19:26
Subject: A WDSF Mac Question
From: "Michael W. Kearney" <MICHAEL AT PENNDRLS.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 15:19:26 EST
While this question is specifcaiily about the WDSF Mac client, it probably
goes for the ADSM Mac client as well. Can anybody tell me how you
would save the contents of the 'list of failures' which is generated
when you do an incremental backup? Several of our Mac sysadmins who are backing
up Appleshare servers frequently get backup failures ('Access Denied') when
the files in question are in use. They'd like to be able to keep a record of
these failures to insure that there are no systematic problems which would
 result
in a file never being backed up.

One of them writes:

'The way I would have expected to capture the list of failures from the Mac
is to list them using the list failures button, then highlight them or do a
select all, then copy to the clipboard using the edit menu.  However, copy
is dimmed (eg, not applicable now) on the edit menu when I'm listing
failures.'

Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.