ADSM-L

Running (and stopping) ADSM Novell Client Scheduler

1993-11-22 11:08:34
Subject: Running (and stopping) ADSM Novell Client Scheduler
From: "Michael W. Kearney" <MICHAEL AT PENNDRLS.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1993 11:08:34 EST
We've begun testing out how to operate the Novell Client scheduler and have
run across a problem. Rather than putting the load dsmc incremental
in autoexec.ncf, we issued the command directly from an rconsole session.
The scheduler starts up fine, but now it has control of the console.
There's nothing in the documentation that I can find which says this isn't
ok, but there's also nothing which says either how to get back to the console
to do other useful work (such as issue a shutdown command) or how to kill
the scheduler application cleanly. My understanding of the details of
Novell operations is somewhat limited, so I thought I's post a query here to
see if anyone has run across this problem, and to find out how they solved it.