ADSM-L

CPU Charges for MVS Server

1993-10-13 12:19:16
Subject: CPU Charges for MVS Server
From: "Smith, Dean" <DSMITH8 AT IS.ARCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 16:19:16 GMT
We've begun investigating the CPU charge costs for ADSM sessions, as documented
by the SMF type 42 subtype 14 records.  We are a little concerned about the
costs which would be passed on to our users if our standard CPU charges were
applied.  A backup of a SUN client of 200 MB, which took 20 minutes of elapsed
time, resulted in 106 seconds of CPU seconds.  In our environment this would
result in a bill of approximately $14.  This seems a little excessive, has
anyone else investigated the amount of CPU time being charged to sessions.

Thanks in advance.  Dean Smith