ADSM-L

# of files listed by Q OCC command

1993-10-08 10:40:46
Subject: # of files listed by Q OCC command
From: "Michael W. Kearney" <MICHAEL AT PENNDRLS.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1993 09:40:46 EST
We've recently installed the ADSM server. As an initial test, we backed up the
root directory of an AIX client. The backup process claimed that 807 files
were backed up. However, when I do a QUERY OCCUPANCY for the file system,
the response reports only 703 files. When I delete the file system, the
server reports that 807 files were deleted. What gives? We need the correct
number of files in order to do our billing. Thanks in advance. MK

Console output is shown below:

adsm>
q occ  wal6000b.udc.upenn.edu

Node Name                       Filespace    Storage      Number of       Space
                                Name         Pool Name        Files    Occupied
                                                                           (MB)
------------------------------  -----------  -----------  ---------  ----------
WAL6000B.UDC.UPENN.EDU          /            BACKUPPOOL         703        4.98
WAL6000B.UDC.UPENN.EDU          /            BACKUPPOOL         703        4.98

adsm>
delete filespace wal6000b.udc.upenn.edu /
ANR0802I Delete Filespace / for node WAL6000B.UDC.UPENN.EDU started.
ANR0800I DELETE FILESPACE: / for node WAL6000B.UDC.UPENN.EDU started as process
2.
adsm>
ANR0806I Delete Filespace / complete for node WAL6000B.UDC.UPENN.EDU: 807 files
deleted.