ADSM-L

Append

1993-10-06 11:11:53
Subject: Append
From: "Delbert B. Hoobler" <HOOBLER AT GDLVM7.VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1993 11:11:53 EDT
Hello Mike,

The warning below only applies if you are going to the SAME server.
You should have no problems if you are going to different servers.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Client Development

-------------------------- Referenced append --------------------------
The read.me file for the ADSM AIX client contains the following caveat:
The read.me file for the ADSM AIX client contains the following caveat:

  If installing both the WDSF client and the ADSM client on the same node,
  please be sure to use different machine names.  Installing and running
  both with the same machine (node) name will result in errors when trying
  to connect to the server.

Could someone elaborate on just exactly what this means? For testing, we
have set up a separate VM TCP/IP to be used by the ADSM server, using
a 3172 port and IP address completely different from the one we use for
production TCP/IP services. Does the preceding still apply in this case?
If so, exactly what kind of 'errors when trying to connect to the server
might we expect to see? Does this only happen when both  WDSF and ADSM
are running simultaneously?

Thanks, MK