nv-l

RE: [NV-L] NvserverdPrimeTecEvents=NO

2009-04-29 14:04:36
Subject: RE: [NV-L] NvserverdPrimeTecEvents=NO
From: "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry AT us.ngrid DOT com>
To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:54:21 -0400
James,

I must has jumped over this in the reference guide as I did not see
this.  Sorry about that. There is a wealth of information there.

I uncommented NvserverdSendSeverityTecEvents=YES so that we could see
critical events on the TEC console but the reference guide suggests not
to do this unless you are migrating and have not yet adopted the the new
TEC rules.

I will comment this out, perform a nvtecia -reload and assume that we
will need to change the severity of events in TEC, correct? (Especially
for the interface down and node down events).

Thank you very much,

Kevin Sperry
IT Analyst, Data Center Monitoring Control
nationalgrid
7437 Henry Clay Blvd. Bldg#3
Liverpool, NY 13088
Phone:  (315) 460-2688 Internal: 829-2688
Kevin.Sperry AT us.ngrid DOT com