nv-l

[NV-L] servmon status only

2008-04-10 15:40:50
Subject: [NV-L] servmon status only
From: "Michael Brunelle" <michael.brunelle AT gmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:40:08 -0400
Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way with Netview not to monitor the ping status of a node, but only the status given by servmon with a custom script. The reason is that I don't want alerts to be forwarded to the TEC when the node do not answer to a ping request. Is there a way to have that kind of setup with Netview?

I know that I can enable SNMP status polling for a node in the seed file, but the node is not configured SNMP....

Any other suggestions?

Michaël