nv-l

[NV-L] cisco pix firewall

2006-12-08 10:28:10
Subject: [NV-L] cisco pix firewall
From: "Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>
To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:23:27 -0600

Hello,

Running Netview 7.1.4 FP 4, AIX 5.2.. Cisco PIX 535 version 6.3

I've been tasked with creating an alert when the PIX fails over (from primary to secondary / and vice versa). I currently have a separate window when certain devices go down, and I also have pop-up windows when a link down trap is received from a critical devices..

If I remember right,  there is a trap that is sent when a PIX fails over?  If I can determine the right trap then I can use that to generate a popup or email message. Is there any special configuration to netmon.seed?

Has anyone successfully monitored a failover?

Thanks

Catalina