nv-l

Re: [NV-L] Netview 7.1.5

2006-09-28 13:01:34
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Netview 7.1.5
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:44:41 -0400

Whoa! I cannot answer detailed questions about environments. I don't build 'em or certify 'em. I'm sorry I took the bait the first time.

The Verification experts will put all those details in the Release Notes when long runs are over and they haven't started yet. I know broadly that some platforms, SLES 9 and RHAS 4.0 for example, will be supported because I worked on them, and I know that SLES 10 won't be because nothing with X11 libraries in it would run there, but that is about the extent of it. I built and tested my code on workstation platforms not enterprise servers.

I think it is a mistake to be trying to build a platform for 7.1.5 at this time. I'd wait until GA when you can read the Release Notes in detail. But if you must go forward now, then contact your IBM marketing representative and have her or him get a nondisclosure answer for you, because I cannot go dig up and publish that kind of information in advance of GA.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for reamd AT nationwide DOT comreamd AT nationwide DOT com

          reamd AT nationwide DOT com
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

          09/28/2006 12:13 PM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

cc

Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>, nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

Subject

Re: [NV-L] Netview 7.1.5

Thanks James,
Do you know what software components need installed and configured for Solaris 10?
For example on 7.1.4 the required software is

    • SUN workstation:
        • Sun Solaris versions 2.8 with patch 108869-19 or later or 2.9 with patch 112972-02 or later
        • TCP/IP
        • Sun Solstice Enterprise Agents (SEAs) packages: SUNWmibii, SUNWsasnm, SUNWsadmi, SUNWsacom, and SUNWsasdk
        • I'm in the process of building a new Solaris box in preparation of 7.1.5...

      James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>

      Sent by:
      nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

      09/28/2006 11:06 AM

      Please respond to Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
      From
      James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
      Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
      cc
      Subject
      Re: [NV-L] Netview 7.1.5

      Solaris 10 will be a supported platform for 7.1.5

      James Shanks
      Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
      Network Availability Management
      Network Management - Development
      Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
      Inactive hide details for reamd AT nationwide DOT comreamd AT nationwide DOT com
      reamd AT nationwide DOT com
      Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

      09/28/2006 10:41 AM

      Please respond to
      Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

      Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

      cc

      Subject

      [NV-L] Netview 7.1.5

      Hi All,

      I hear that 7.1.5 is due out some time between now and the end of the year. Can anyone tell me if it will run on Solaris 10?

      Thanks, Dave

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image