nv-l

Re: [nv-l] ITSA port manage question

2005-11-18 11:17:12
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ITSA port manage question
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:16:16 +0000
Hi Becki,
I think this was probably my original post and it was about ITSA 1.3. There was no Port Status Monitoring prior to that.

Since then, I have written a document with various scenarios around ITSA 1.3, especially looking at these parameters. You can pick it up from the NetView TUG site at http://www.nv-l.org/twiki/bin/view/Netview/ItSa

Cheers,
Jane

Kain, Becki (B.) wrote:

There was a post on July 7th about switch analyzer where the answer was:
poll_all_ports=n Use this only if you want to optimize polling - it has no effect on what
ports are being managed. All ports are managed - those not covered by
the passive method will be actively polled - it simply removes the
overlap.
Is this still the case in 1.3 - that if we enroll a switch, all ports
are managed?  We have a request to have only the uplinks of switch
monitored, not all the unnumbered ports.

Thanks in advance.

Becki Kain

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2005 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.