nv-l

RE: [nv-l] cannot get the object in map

2005-05-26 13:46:34
Subject: RE: [nv-l] cannot get the object in map
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn AT pemcocorp DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:45:42 -0700
Have you tried adding that router to the seedfile?  If not, you can access it by going to Options - Netmon Seed Editor.  Highlight set initial discovery seeds - then hit add and either enter the IP or the hostname (make sure it's the "nearest hop" interface though).  Just hit save and answer yes when asked to update the network monitor.  Try a ping a few seconds later and typically it will appear.  I've had many nodes on the back side of firewalls and VPNs where this is the only way to get them discovered.

Good luck,

Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
206-628-5770