nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Mibs Unable to Load!

2005-03-21 10:19:20
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Mibs Unable to Load!
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:18:33 -0800 (PST)
James..
Many thanks for looking into this..
I did figure out which MIB adsltc is and when i try to
unload, i got another error message as "Error detected
while unloading MIB:ADSL-TC.MIB.my. Unloading this MIB
will result in unresolved object id references(s) in
later MIBs" and even i say o.k. this does'nt get
unloaded. Look slike there are other MIb which are
depebdent on this MIB. How can i figure out which are
other MIBS which are depending on this? Any ideas sir?
Thanks,
Larry

--- James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com> wrote:

> [...]
> snmpv2mib
> file.
> seems to indicate that the MIB in error has the
> label "adsltcmib" in it.
> Yet the Nokia MIB you posted has no such label nor
> problem.
> That would mean that somehow, some MIB you already
> loaded has a bad
> MODULE-IDENTITY clause, and now you can't load
> anything else until that is
> unloaded.
>
> If you know which MIB defines the label "adsltcmib"
> , then use xnmloadmib2
> to unload it.
> If you don't know, then you can find out by browsing
> the
> /usr/OV/conf/snmpv2mib  file  and searching for it.
> When you find it, scroll backwards up in the file
> until you find the next
> BEGIN clause.  That will tell you the name of the
> MIB, and the next line
> above that will tell you the name of the file it's
> in.  Exit your browse
> and use xnmloadmib2 to unload it.
>
> When you go forward again loading MIBs, make sure
> you load them one at a
> time so you can catch and resolve any errors before
> they become part of
> your database.
>
> Hope this helps
> James Shanks
> Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and
> Windows
> Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
>

>              Larry Fagan
>
>              <larrytechie@yaho
>
>              o.com>
>              Sent by:
> nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
>              owner-nv-l@lists.
>                    cc
>              us.ibm.com
>

>               Subject
>                                        [nv-l] Mibs
> Unable to Load!
>              03/17/2005 01:01
>
>              PM
>

>              Please respond to
>
>                    nv-l
>

> Hi all,
> I trying to load nokia-ipso-registration-mib which
> is
> below. I'm using xnmloadmib2 and getting following
> error. Any idea what it can be? I'm having this
> issue
> with multiple mibs.
> Error:
> This MIB cannot be loaded until the following
> problem
> is corrected:
>
> No label for parent. Accepted syntax for
> MODULE-IDENTITY nodes:
>  { label1 [ label2(subid2) ... ] object-subid1 }
> (adsltcmib): On or around line 317561 of the
> snmpv2mib
> file.
> Bad parse of MODULE-IDENTITY: On or around line
> 317561
> of the snmpv2mib file.
> Mib table is bad.
>
> MIB File:
> NOKIA-IPSO-REGISTRATION-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

4567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789

> -- This line is 80 characters wide, keep lines in
> this
> file shorter than that--
> --

> --              Copyright (C) Nokia
> Telecommunications Oy 1998
> --

> -- This MIB Module defines the System MIB for
> products
> running IPSO.
> -- More detailed description of the variables and
> tables is
> -- provided in other related documentation.
> --
> -- Format:   SNMP v2 MIB (Simple network management
> protocol,
> --                version 2, Management Information
> Base  )
> --
> --

> -- Author      : Alan Francisco
> -- Version     : 1.02
> -- Created     : 02.12.1998
> -- Last Update : 28.01.1999 - Added ipsoIP3xx.
> --                        14.12.1998 - Added newer
> and more comprehensive
> --                                                IP
> and VPN product OIDs.
> --

> IMPORTS
>     enterprises, MODULE-IDENTITY
>             FROM SNMPv2-SMI;
>
> ipsoProducts MODULE-IDENTITY
>              LAST-UPDATED "0001140000Z"
>              ORGANIZATION "Nokia"
>              CONTACT-INFO
>              "Alan Fransisco
>               Postal: 313 Fairchild Drive
>                       Mountain View,
>                  California, 94043"
>
>              DESCRIPTION
>                          "The root of the OID
> sub-tree assigned to IPSO
> products"
>
>              REVISION "9812020000Z"
>         DESCRIPTION
>                          " Revision 1.02
>                            Added newer and more
> comprehensive
>                   IP and VPN product OIDs. -
> 14.12.1998
>                            Revision 1.02
>                            Added ipsoIP3xx -
> 28.01.1999"
>
>              REVISION "0001140000Z"
>         DESCRIPTION
>                          "MIB converted from SMIv1
> to SMIv2 format
>                          Revision 1.03 - 14.01.2000"
>
>         REVISION "0107170000Z"
>         DESCRIPTION
>                 "Added ipsoSosSystem for Ramp MIBs.
>                 Revision 1.5 - 17.07.2001"
>
>              ::=  { nokiaProducts 21 }
>
> nokia                                OBJECT
> IDENTIFIER ::= { enterprises 94
> }
> nokiaProducts                        OBJECT
> IDENTIFIER ::= { nokia 1 }
> --ipsoProducts                       OBJECT
> IDENTIFIER ::= { nokiaProducts

=== message truncated ===