nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netview+Tivoli Endpoint or Managed node?

2004-12-16 09:08:04
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview+Tivoli Endpoint or Managed node?
From: Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:07:32 -0500
Wolfgang and Scot,
One other thing you might want to consider is using NetView
to send events to TEC. If you are going to be sending events
to TEC, you might consider making it a managed node as that
way you can use oserv to oserv communication channel to send
those events.

Paul

wolfgang.bergbauer AT attglobal DOT net wrote:

Hi Scot,

If you do not use the Database functionality of Netview which is based on RIM (e.g. store SNMP collect information in a RDBMS) just install it standalone. I think all the other features are more cosmetic. But even if you install it standalone and you later on need the Framework for whatever reason, it is not a bit deal to reinstall it without loosing your customizations.

Kind regards,

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bergbauer
Network and System Management Consultant
Cell phone: +49 172 534 9131
E-mail: wolfgang.bergbauer AT attglobal DOT net

*Scot <scotrn AT cox DOT net>*
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

12/16/2004 02:57 AM
Please respond to
nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

        nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
cc

Subject
        [nv-l] Netview+Tivoli Endpoint or Managed node?

Hi all;

I scanned the list for the ans. so forgive me if this is a repost.

If I'm installing a Netview for use with TEC/TMF what advantages are
there to making that host a Tivoli managed node?

Windows Netview
Unix TMR

Linux/Windows Desktops/TEC_Consoles.
--