nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netmon doesn ´t start

2004-12-14 10:04:16
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netmon doesn ´t start
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:03:35 -0500

Reboot. If that doesn't work, call Support.

If my memory serves me, that would mean that netmon is trying to open the socket reserved for him in <windows_path>/etc/services, and Windows won't do it, giving him a bad return code. So netmon cannot communicate with anyone.

How do you know your SNMP works fine?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for Demis Gonçalves <demisgc AT ig.com DOT br>Demis Gonçalves <demisgc AT ig.com DOT br>

          Demis Gonçalves <demisgc AT ig.com DOT br>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

          12/14/2004 09:49 AM
          Please respond to
          nv-l

"NV" <nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com>

cc

Subject

[nv-l] Netmon doesn´t start

Hi list, i have a Windows 2000 box with netview 7.1.3. My netmon doens´t start a the message is the following:

Cannot open icmp socket

My SNMP is works fine.

any ideas?

===========================