nv-l

Re: [nv-l] "\" in ip address

2004-10-29 09:08:59
Subject: Re: [nv-l] "\" in ip address
From: Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:08:22 -0400
Eduardo,
Try editing the command as show below, the sed command should remove the
\'s before sending.(Note: depending on your version of sed you may need
to tweak this command)

echo "The device $NVATTR_2 generates the following event: $NVATTR_3" |
sed -e 's/\\//g' |
mail -s $NVATTR_2 mymail AT mydomain DOT com

Here was the test I used:

echo "The device 10\.10\.10\.10 generates the following event: NVATTR_3" | sed
-e 's/\\//g'

which returned:

The device 10.10.10.10 generates the following event: NVATTR_3

Paul

Eduardo Oliveira Scricco (Service) wrote:

Hi,

I have Netview 7.1.4 for AIX

I'm using an action like this to send me Netview alerts by e-mail:
echo "The device $NVATTR_2 generates the following event: $NVATTR_3" |
mail -s $NVATTR_2 mymail AT mydomain DOT com

After I upgraded Netview for actual version, the $NVATTR_2 parameter
returns an ip like 10\.10\.10\.1

Is there a way to get this "\" out from the IP?

Thanks!
Eduardo