nv-l

Re: [nv-l] v2c support

2004-03-24 17:22:07
Subject: Re: [nv-l] v2c support
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:24:24 -0500

Only NetView for UNIX handles SNMP V2 traps at this time.  NetView for Windows does not.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Kevin Fletcher <kfletcher AT netscreen DOT com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com

03/24/2004 01:07 PM
Please respond to
nv-l

"'nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com'" <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
cc
Subject
[nv-l] v2c support

I've read through some archives, but I want to make sure of this, as some of that may be considered "old news"...

Does NetView (windows) support v2c traps? A customer of ours is working with a product which runs a unix SNMPD daemon with the -v 2c flag, so we're assuming traps are encoded with v2c as well.. The customer has complained that they are not receiving the traps, however, they confirmed they ARE being sent across the wire.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin