nv-l

Re: [nv-l] loadhosts devices in object database not on map

2004-02-20 16:56:21
Subject: Re: [nv-l] loadhosts devices in object database not on map
From: Paul <pstroud AT bellsouth DOT net>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:37:22 -0500
First and foremost, that is not a device. That is a stub
of a device. Try running "ovtopofix -m" and see if it
returns anything. If it does let me know and I will send
you a script to rid the database of these. Something
is definitely wrong. See if a mapcount and topofix get
rid of the device and try it again. Make sure there is
not already another device in the database with the same
ip address.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Christopher J Petrina wrote:

Here is an example of what I am attempting to do.

Loadhosted some devices into the system. using the proper loadhosts -m subnet.
verified that it exists in the objects database
ovobjprint -s device name here is the result

# ovobjprint -s for-bea1-artr-pri-lop0
                OBJECTID                SELECTION NAME

OBJECT: 23615

        FIELD ID        FIELD NAME                      FIELD VALUE
10 Selection Name "for-bea1-artr-pri-lop0" 11 IP Hostname "for-bea1-artr-pri-lop0"

when I do a nmdemandpoll for-bea1-artr-pri-lop0 I get the following response

# nmdemandpoll for-bea1-artr-pri-lop0

15:38:4315:38:43 ***** Node 'for-bea1-artr-pri-lop0' not found, demand poll skipped *****

So i am wondering how this is possible?

thank you