nv-l

[nv-l] Unmanaged things

2004-02-19 17:27:24
Subject: [nv-l] Unmanaged things
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8 AT meadwestvaco DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:18:22 -0500

Greetings

Q1:    Why on a fresh discovery with none of the switches in setup configured to laod something as unmanaged would I find an entire segment unmanaged.   I was looking through the maps as the devices and segments were being found, and found 2 segments that were unmanaged since no one could have manually done this I assume it was generated by netview.  My question is how did it do this and why?
   I know there is a switch in the serversetup -> config netmon daemon that says manage objects loaded by loadhost.  We have that set to yes.

Thanks
Chris Petrina