nv-l

[nv-l] Ruleset editor for Windows?

2003-12-19 15:57:20
Subject: [nv-l] Ruleset editor for Windows?
From: CMazon AT commercebankfl DOT com
To: nv-l AT lists.us.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:52:35 -0500

Netview 7.1.4 Windows 2000

Is there a guide to manually write a ruleset for windows? I know there is no rule set editor for windows and we do not have the resources to set up a Unix flavor of the product.  I would like to understand the variables in the file and how they are set in the file itself so that I may be able to create some simple rulesets for our needs.

Is the ruleset editor available in Netview for Linux, I may be able to run a virtual PC with Linux and set that up just for that purpose.

Thanks.

Carlos.