nv-l

[nv-l] how to make MLM to discover the right nodes

2003-03-27 04:32:07
Subject: [nv-l] how to make MLM to discover the right nodes
From: "Mildeberger, Thorsten" <thorsten.mildeberger AT eds DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:18:46 -0000
Hi all,

I have the following scenario:

netview 7.1.1 and MLM installed on the same box.

Due to some problem related to the "snmpCollect" functionality (no less than
operator available, mibcoerce file not usable for MIB expressions), we are
trying to make it happen with a MLM. As the server, that I want to gather
data for is outside the MLM´s network, I´m searching for a way to get these
servers discovered/known by the MLM somehow.

Searched the NV archive and found some hints, but to test and implement them
all, it would take me some hours, I guess.
Can you point me me quickly in the right direction. Which are I have to look
into to be able to start data gathering via snmpCollect done by the MLM for
these servers?

Many, many thanks.

Sure, in the meantiem, I am already starting to check...somewhere, somehow

best regards,