nv-l

Re: [nv-l] DFM traps not getting forwarded to TEC Console

2003-03-12 14:56:04
Subject: Re: [nv-l] DFM traps not getting forwarded to TEC Console
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:43:38 +0000
Are these TRAPs actually defined in the active rulebase at your TEC Server? Use wtdumprl on your TEC Server to see if they are actually arriving. If there is a problem with the TEC definitions, you should see the event arriving in a wtdumprl output with a PARSING FAILED message. In which case, fix the baroc files in your TEC.

Cheers,
Jane

Qureshi, Fawad wrote:

Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3

Hi,

We have a Cisco DFM server forwarding traps to our Netview server. I have loaded the MIB and trap definitions for DFM* (smNotificationTrap 1.3.6.1.4.1.733.0)* on the Netview server. I have configured these to be forwarded to TEC Console via the tecfwd.rs ruleset. I see the traps from this Enterprise arrive in the trapd.log, but are not getting forwarded to TEC. There are other Enterprise entries in tecfwd.rs that are all working fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Cheers,

Fawad Qureshi
RSIS - DNE
410-965-4413

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.