nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Turning off polling - offperiods.conf

2003-01-29 12:06:11
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Turning off polling - offperiods.conf
From: "O'Connor, Sean" <Sean.O'Connor AT b-and-q.co DOT uk>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:14:50 -0000

Hello,

Unfortunately we need to discover the Printers and other devices but are not really that interested in the Availability off them.  The Devices such as switches, Hubs, Routers and Servers we need to poll on a more regular basis.

We need the devices such as printers for Inventory and configuration purposes.

Here is a copy of the offperiods.conf :-

#

# Polling Off Periods Configuration File

#

#    Use this file to specify when netmon should not poll specific

#    interfaces.  You specify a start day of the week and time, and

#    the end day and time.  For each entry you can specify the type

#    of poll that should not occur.

#

#    Syntax

#       You must enter all fields for each line.  There are no defaults.

#

#

#           ip address: numerical dot notation, ranges and wildcard (*) permissible

#           start day : first three letters only: Sun, Mon, Tue, etc. Case insensitive.

#           start time: 24 hour time, ':' separated

#           poll types: enter at least one of p,c,d (ping, config, discovery). No spaces.

#

#       For example:

#

#       16.21.144.140 Fri 23:00 Mon 6:00 pcd

#       16.21.[140-150].* Fri 23:00 Mon 6:00 pcd

#

189.1.4.* Mon 0:00 Sun 23:59 pc

172.28.*.[224-239] Mon 0:00 Sun 23:59 pc

172.30.*.[224-239] Mon 0:00 Sun 23:59 pc

I don’t feel that this offperiods file is the best place as it will have to process it each time?.

Thanks again for any help,

Sean O'Connor

Tel:      (02380) 25 x7228

Mob:    (07887) 521169