nv-l

[nv-l] Managing Object w/o using GUI

2003-01-24 17:48:59
Subject: [nv-l] Managing Object w/o using GUI
From: jeff.ctr.vandenbussche AT faa DOT gov
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:19:24 -0500
Is there any way to manage an object without using the GUI?
 I am using AIX 4.1.5 and Netview 4.1 (don't laugh!).  When I  manage an
object using the GUI, it changes the OWV Maps Managed and the IP Status
fields.  I have written code that uses the OVwDbSetField()Value call to
change these same fields, but it only reflects these changes in the object
DB, the map remains the same.  What am I missing, or can't this be done.
 I am adding a new subnet to be monitored, and I have noticed that
sometimes when it is discovered it is unmanaged, and sometimes it is
managed.  I have a custom script that does the installation and creation of
the topology.  The topology is not created properly if the subnet is
discovered unmanaged.  Any suggestions, either to force discovery of the
subnet to be managed, or to automate changing of the subnet to be managed
after it is discovered?

Thanks,

Jeff