nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Migrating Netview Files

2003-01-15 17:00:05
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Migrating Netview Files
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:34:19 -0500
Jack, and others on the list -

The Solaris and AIX versions of NetView are quite similar thanks to
underlying basic similarities between the two UNIX operating systems.  I
know of no theoretical reason why you could use a Solaris backup to
perform an upgrade install on AIX, but so far as I know it has not been
tested.   Our Verification teams test migrations within the same platform
, and client server connections in a mixed one, but not the scenario you
have described.

Perhaps other users have tried and can tell you whether or not they have
succeeded.  I don't know whether there are hidden problems here or not.  I
cannot think of any.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
----- Forwarded by James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM on 01/15/2003 09:29 AM -----

"Kenney, Jack" <jkenney AT jhancock DOT com>
01/14/2003 11:52 AM