nv-l

Re: AW: [nv-l] Interface Down Messages from Unmanaged Interfaces

2003-01-06 05:07:08
Subject: Re: AW: [nv-l] Interface Down Messages from Unmanaged Interfaces
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 10:07:08 +0000
Michel,
I still suspect you may have other MAPs (not submaps) where your interfaces are managed. Did you try the ovobjprint -s command? From the GUI, do a File -> Open Map and see what maps there are. I have just done a quick test on my NV 7.1.3 to unmanage 1 interface of a router. If you just do this on 1 map, it stays in the ping poll list.; if you unmanage it on all maps, it disappears from the ping poll list.

Cheers,
Jane

Grossenbacher Michel wrote:

first, thanks for the fast answer 8)

I did the netmon -a 12 and got the Interfaces that should be unmanaged in the ping list... I did a search on the IP Address for one Interface and in all Submaps it found it was unmanaged. The node itself is managed cause I have to monitor the other 2 Interfaces.
I realy get confused now cause those Interfaces are unmanaged (I did a Smartset
for those Interfaces to set them unmanaged as soon as they apear) but still
appear in the poll list ? :-/