nv-l

[nv-l] change manager hostname

2002-07-05 09:44:13
Subject: [nv-l] change manager hostname
From: "Denis Peuziat" <PEUZIATD AT fr.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:44:13 +0200
Hi,

I tried today to change the name of my manager:

I changed the entry in the /etc/hosts file
I reassigned the map with the mapadmin -u command
I reopened my Netview, deleted the manager, I checked the db for the old
name and there was no corresponding entry.
I removed the entry for the previous manager in the SNMP conf (community)
I added the new name with the correct community
I added the manager again with the new name, it was discovered correctly.

Then I did a demand poll, and evrything worked well until  it changed the
name to the old one!

I don't know where else to search, it seems that there's still some trace
of the old name associated to the IP @ somewhere.....

did anyone ever see this before? where should I look ?

thanks for your help,

Denis PEUZIAT
Tivoli Netview Administrator
IBM La Gaude