nv-l

RE: [nv-l] Netview 7.1 and Netview v2.3 OS390

2002-04-17 13:32:46
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netview 7.1 and Netview v2.3 OS390
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr AT csgsystems DOT com>
To: <nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:32:46 -0500
Right. I have Tivoli employees responding and its *NOT* a supported forum? Huh?
Does this make sense to you?  How can it be unsupported when the responses come
from Tivoli employees? You speak on behalf of only yourself but you are relying
on the years of employment you have with Tivoli? I don't get it. Everyone here
is donating time, not just tivoli folks - sometimes solutions to a question
come from someone OTHER than Tivoli staff too. Its not a volunteer "thing" for
James. Its obvious to me that James is responding out of frustration because
there is nothing else he can do.

If you all think this is the way things should be and it's okay by you, more
power to you. But none of IBMs other product families are in this condition and
I'll call a spade a spade and this situation is messed up and its not getting
any better. This is a best of breed product in a worst-of-breed support
environment and NOT because the people don't care or are incompetent but
because the COMPANY refuses to step up.

Do I sound angry? Yes. I'm not angry because this isn't a supported Tivoli
forum.... I'm angry because those of you who work for the company refuse to
escalate these issues to your own management. I'm angry because settling for
mediocrity is the status quo now. Complacency is rampant. I may be vocal but I
am not alone in my opinion. Those of you who have the ear of decision makers
continue to throw up your hands "Its not a supported forum, its not a supported
forum" blah blah blah blah blah.

If I were an IBM/Tivoli representative, (and I have had my opportunities to do
so btw, but I would neither cut my hair or wear a tie) I would be concerned.
I'm not a person who cries wolf. I won't open up a conversation without data to
back it up. So if someone wants to question the validity of my concerns, I will
be happy to share specific examples. I expect excellence. This is *NOT*
excellence. Excellence would be a support forum with teeth, a user group with
some influence, customers with some ability to influece decision making. I'm
done replying to this topic. Any of you who wish to share questions or comments
about NetView can email me directly.