nv-l

[nv-l] Smartset Repercussions

2002-03-13 11:23:12
Subject: [nv-l] Smartset Repercussions
From: "Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm AT hotmail DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:23:12 -0600

AIX 4.3.3 NetView 6.0.2

I recently noticed that there was a smartset that contained thousands of nodes. It appears that there was an error made when the smartset was created. There were no rulesets looking at this smartset. I deleted the smartset and my performance has increased significantly. A lot of posts I have put out here in the last couple of weeks may have been due to this. Has anyone else seen this? Can a large smartset affect NetView this negatively?

Thanks,

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group
scott.bursik AT pbsg DOT com